Pages

Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Is a pocket ereader necessary?

 What is a pocket reader? 

A pocket reader or pocket e-reader is an electronic e-ink mobile device that is designed primarily for the purpose of reading digital files such as epub, pdf, doc, etc... What makes an ereader a 'pocket ereader' is the size of the device. The size of the pocket ereader will typically run between 5" and 6" inches, which should allow the device to be pocketed by most individuals. Think if you could easily slide your nook or kindle into your pocket. 

The Benefits of having a pocketable ereader 

It's convenient, portable, and less apparent. 

Options

It's a hassle to find reliable pocket sized e-readers in todays market since there are so few reliable options. I came across theebookreader.com 5" inch ereader comparison table and many of the devices are outdated and just don't fit the script for what many of us are looking for in terms of aesthetic and design. Which can be expected as it is widely known that e-ink technology is slow to develop. But not to fret, there are a couple of reliable options. Both coming from Chinese manufacturers, Xiaomi and Hisense Group. Both have e-ink devices to offer, the Inkpalm and Hisense line respectively. I'd reccommend starting your research into either of these. Depending on what model of device you plan to purchase, the inkpalm 5 would be a great entry level device as its budget friendly. While the Hisense line brings an air of sophistication and more to the table technologically. 

Do you need one? 

I'm sure you dont need one but you may like to have one. I use the Inkpalm just as much as I use my Kindle Paperwhite. I use it comfortably when I'm out while I leave my Kindle for when I am lounging around at home. But with all things, it's necessary to weigh the pros and cons before making a decision. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Posts

Interest Form

TROR's first drop was a success! I would like to thank everyone again for purchasing your ereader through The Roots of Reading . To read...